Polyvel offers an exceptionally efficient hydrophilic moisture absorber for polypropylene nonwovens whose uniform, low dusting, pellet form provides for cleaner incorporation and processing than topically applied wetting agents.
Industry: Fiber Manufacturing
Function: Hydrophilic masterbatch for PP nonwoven fiber
VW351: Hydrophilic Masterbatch
Polyvel’s VW351 hydrophilic melt additive masterbatch is an effective wetting agent for melt blown non-woven polypropylene fiber. VW351:
As the VW351 % in polypropylene fiber increases, the absorptive capacity of a non-woven polypropylene fiber can be increased >4 times that of a non-woven fiber without VW351.
* Absorptive capacity = number of times weight increased compared to original dry fabric weight (ASTM test method D1117-77)
Effect of VW351 on the wettability of melt-blown non-woven polypropylene fiber
Wet-out Rating (**)
Time (days) 7
(**) Performance scale
- 0No absorption
- 1No absorption, slight trailing
- 2Slight absorption, trailing and decrease in contact angle
- 3Slight absorption, significant trailing and decrease in contact angle
- 4Absorption, significant decrease in contact angle
- 5Rapid absorption
For more information or to request a sample, please contact us.